Register Now for Summer League
Registration is open for in-house, non-qualifying league play. Leagues will run Thursday nights for 6 weeks beginning July 14th with a double-elimination tournament in week 6 (August 18th). Optional open throw before league play begins at 6:30pm; league matches start promptly at 7pm. Cost is $120 for the 6-week league. This includes one half-hour of warm-up throw and four league-standard matches per week. Winner will take home a trophy, pat on the back, and great memories. Please complete the registration form below to claim your spot in our summer session. Space is limited!
This will be a mixed league. Players have the option of throwing axes or knives and can switch per game. All games will be scored with standard axe throwing rules regardless of the throwing implement.
How it works
Our summer league is six weeks of throwing. There will be five qualifying weeks followed by a double elimination tournament on the sixth week for the championship. The tournament brackets will be seeded based on the number of wins leading up to the tournament. In case of a tie, the higher seed will go to the points winner. The winner of the tournament gets an awesome trophy and bragging rights.
During the five weeks leading to the tournament each player will play four games per night consisting of ten throws each. Each throw will be scored to decide the winner of the match and each player’s score will be cumulative through the six week period. If a player must misses a league night throws can be made up the following week.
All league players are welcome to come in a half hour before the official league start time for warm-ups. When league play commences throwers will be allowed two practice throws prior to each match.
Although this is not a World Axe Throwing League (WATL) qualifying event, we will follow the WATL rules and regulations set forth at https://worldaxethrowingleague.com/axe-throwing-rules
We do provide house axes and knives for all league throwers, however:
All league throwers are welcome to bring their own axe(s) or knives as long as they meet WATL/WKTL standards. Personal axes/knives will be verified before they can be thrown.
Common League Questions:
- How long will we be there each night? About 1.5 to 2 hours
- How many people are on a team? There are no teams, this is individual points play.
- How do league games work? League games are 1v1 to 10 points. Standard scoring 1-5, 6 for bullseye and 8 for a called killshot (can only be called twice per game). High score wins the match. Player scores are tallied for the first five weeks and determine the tournament seed.
- Are spectators allowed? Sure, as long as we have room. They will have to fill out a waiver and can not touch the axes or interfere with league play in any way.
- Are snacks and drinks available during league play? Yes, we have an assortment of soft drinks, water and snacks for purchase. We are also serving adult beverages now, so bring your ID if you would like to purchase.
And always remember close toed shoes are required for admittance.
Ages 10+ welcome. Minors require the presence of a parent or guardian.
All participants must complete or be included on a liability waiver.
1170 Dekalb Ave
Sycamore, IL 60178